Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We believe in the value and efficiency of tight-knit, collaborative, and cross-functional teams, prepared and capable of tackling the most unique creative endeavours. As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Big Fish Creative, you’ll lead and support project builds and optimize functionality, logic, and interaction across mobile and web products and platforms.
You will be expected to utilize a combination of front-end and back-end knowledge to strategize the most effective approach to constructing and prioritizing features against a project roadmap to build user-focused platforms, designed on stable and scalable code. You will bring project initiatives to life, creating experiences that personify our clients’ brands to engage customers in immersive consumer experiences that showcase our team Design and Strategy.
- Collaborate within teams to determine project requirements and goals, and provide consultation to realize practical estimations, solutions, and innovations.
- Interpret and understand our clients’ business, brand needs, and their underlying technical challenges opportunities that exist to be improved.
- Spearhead planning, development, testing, and delivery of mobile and web interfaces that are compliant to project criteria.
- Write, evaluate, refactor, and optimize code that prioritizes quality, and realizes a high level results.
- Engage in project creation sessions and roadmapping, participating in collaborative strategy that fosters innovative solutions.
- Support the development of project standards and processes, and maintain a thorough knowledge of emerging technologies and patterns that can be implemented for organizational improvements.
- Assess and review code, while mentoring and leading engineering colleagues.
- 5+ years of experience building and prototyping mobile and web experiences.
- Confident in creating in accordance to design systems and detail-focused design direction.
- Extensive knowledge of mobile platform and web browser differences.
- Strong familiarity with current processes, tools, and styleguide driven development.
- Familiar with various CMS (traditional and/or headless.)
- Proficient with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, WordPress.)
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Knowledge of web performance and speed/memory optimization techniques.
- Awareness of usability standards, accessibility rules, and using accessibility testing tools.
- Experience and comfortable working in an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping, and self-management.
- Be a resident of the Metro Vancouver area.
Nice to Have, but Not Necessary
- Understanding of test driven development or testing in general.
- Experience implementing ecommerce platforms (WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce.)
- Experience with Serverless (AWS, Firebase, Google Cloud, etc.)
- API design experience for frontend or server-to-server.
- Basic understanding of web servers, SSL, deployments, and continuous integration.
- Worked with a QA team before or familiarity with QA/release workflows.